We carry Prim Lotion Bars by: Mary Canary, Wooden Signs, Prim & Raggedy Dolls, Stitchery and soooo much more. ENJOY!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blizzard Adin

Well we had a blizzard alright!  It started early Sat. morning  then it quit for awhile and started snowing again around 5:00 pm.  Our grand daughter Keyarra was over to spend the night.  At 8:00 p.m. is when it really started, my husband and Keyarra went to go brush their teeth for bed and my husband told her to turn the light back on that she just turned off.(he didn't realize mother nature was in control) the lights flickered for a while and then poof out went the lights again. The wind was blowing and howling releasing its flurry.  I lit some candles and continued cross stitching by candle light (I felt like a pioneer woman of days gone by) The lights would come back on and go off for the next couple of hours.  I had enough, time to turn in.  We woke the next morning to 11 inches of snow and the wind was still blowing, and the lights still flickered.  Keyarra was so excited to see all the snow she had to go outside with the dogs and make snow angels they had a blast, I looked at it as a back ache.  After breakfast it was time for Keyarra to go  home.  I crossed her across the street to watch her walk home(she just lives down the street from our house), I had to laugh, she would be walking across the drifts of snow on the side walks and then all of a sudden all you would see was the top of her pink hat.  Then she would reappear, I could see she was getting tired,so she then decided it was easier to crawl across the snow drifts the rest of the way home.

When I went out to shovel I looked around and a lot of the neighbor men were out snow blowing their driveways. They all looked like snowmen all covered in snow. I'm glad I don't know how to work the snow blower, I would rather shovel then to have all that snow blow in my face.  Then some nice man in a red pickup truck  plowed out our driveway, after he was done I saw he went down the street and anybody that didn't have their driveways cleared he plowed it out for them.  (Thank-You nice man in the red pickup truck) That is why I like to live in a small town everyone seems to look out for each other.

The storm has tamed down now, Hopefully!  I would have posted earlier but I couldn't connect to the internet  until now and I had to read two days worth of posts.

I hope you all stay warm!  Prim Blessings! Robin

No comments: